Pacquiao’s next fight likely to take place in Las Vegas on Nov. 5

  • Page Views 2984
  • Promoter Bob Arum believes Nov. 5 would be the date when Manny Pacquiao will return to the ring after consulting with Las Vegas venues that previously hosted Pacquiao’s fights. However, Arum did not say if Pacquiao is cleared to fight on that date.

    The three venues that previously hosted Pacquiao include the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Mandalay Bay Events Center and the Tomas and Mack Center, all in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    Arum previously mentioned Oct. 15 or 29, but Pacquiao denied he is set to fight on those dates as he has to attend to his numerous duties as a newly-elected senator. Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach also said it’s to soon for Pacquiao to return on the dates mentioned by Arum.

    Now the L.A.Times‘ Lance Pugmire says Arum is looking at Nov. 5 fight for Pacquiao without naming his next opponent.

    Over the past couple of days, Arum has named Adrien Broner as front runner for Pacquiao’s next fight. Arum said he was indeed talking to Broner’s adviser Al Haymon about the planned fight but after a couple of days he announced that Broner is no longer in the running as Pacquiao’s next foe. Arum cited Broner’s exorbitant purse demand as the reason for the failed talks.

    “The price that Broner was asking was for, was too expensive for us. But to say Broner priced himself out is not accurate, because it almost implies that he asked for a number that he knew we wouldn’t meet so he didn’t have to do the fight. I didn’t think that was the case. I think he wanted to do the fight, but the amount that he was asking for was something that we couldn’t afford,” Arum told Boxing Scene.

    Danny Garcia was also mentioned as a possible candidate for Pacquiao’s next fight which Garcia himself confirmed after his father reportedly told him about the offer from Top Rank. Arum denied ever talking to Garcia about the Pacquiao fight.

    “I never talked to Danny Garcia or anybody connected with Danny Garcia. So I don’t know what the f*** he’s talking about,” Arum told USA Today. “It’s like mental masturbation. It really is. I guess they’re desperate to get an article written about them, I don’t know,” he said

    Now, with Broner and Garcia off of Arum’s shortlist, only Terence Crawford and Jessie Vargas remain in contention for Pacquiao’s next fight. (L. Reyes Digital Journals/Philboxing.com)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 June 2024
      2 days ago No comment

      Mayor Locke wants a Filipino cultural centre in Surrey, endorses June 29-30 Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza

      The Filipino community in Surrey has a strong advocate in city hall, and it’s none other than Mayor Brenda Locke. In a townhall with members of the community at the central branch of the Surrey public library on June 11, 2024, Locke said that she wishes Filipinos to be ...

    • 06 June 2024
      1 week ago No comment

      BMO signs on as Title Sponsor for 2024 Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza

      Left to Right:  M. Hernandez, Ray Lino (Mid-Market Relationship Mgr, Commercial Banking), Yvette Castro (Mid-Market Director & Team Lead, Commercial Banking), Hayley O’Donnell. (Regional Program Mgr – Customer Segments, BC&Yukon), R. Fortaleza, Aminmohmed Sunderji (Regional Vice President, Personal Banking), Mike Calingo (Associate Director, Commercial Banking – Cross  Border), Stacey ...

    • 01 June 2024
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Mable Elmore: let’s honour our diversity and stand up against hate

      In addition to her role as Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) of British Columbia for Vancouver-Kensington, Mable Elmore is also the province’s Parliamentary Secretary for Anti-Racism Initiatives. On May 27, 2024, Elmore released a statement urging everyone to continue the fight against racism whenever and wherever hate and ...

    • 01 June 2024
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Statement from the Mayor: Pattullo Bridge

      On Friday, the province revealed the Pattullo Bridge replacement has been delayed for the second time. This vital crossing for Surrey will not be completed and open to traffic until the fall of 2025. The provincial government has mandated cities to create more housing, yet the province is falling ...

    %d bloggers like this: