Pacman vs Horn confirmed!

  • Page Views 1962
  • Philippine world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao’s fight with Australia’s Jeff Horn was confirmed by promoters Sunday, ending lengthy speculation about the bout.

    The 38-year-old Filipino’s camp announced last week in Manila that the “Pac-Man” would get into the ring with Horn on July 2 in Brisbane, but it was not backed by Australian promoters.

    “After months of speculation, I am pleased to say we’re finally all in the ring for this fight to go ahead,” Queensland state Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said.

    “Up to 55,000 boxing fans from across Australia and the world are expected to fill Suncorp Stadium (in Brisbane) to see the local teacher taking on one of the biggest names in boxing history, on his home turf.”

    Pacquiao, who has parlayed his sporting fame into a career in politics, is a veteran of 67 fights with 59 victories.

    His record easily dwarfs that of Horn, 29, who hails from Queensland, who has notched up only 17 fights with 16 wins.

    Horn’s promoter Duco Events described the bout as a “once in a lifetime event” and a “rare opportunity” to host a fight outside the US and Europe. 

    “This is truly a once in a generation opportunity, likely never to be repeated again,” the promoter said in a statement.

    Pacquiao earlier this year chose to pursue a big money fight with British boxer Amir Khan in the United Arab Emirates until the deal fell through. (MS)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 January 2022
      7 days ago No comment

      COVID in Philippines: gov’t limits flu meds purchases

      The Philippine government on January 12 announced limits on the purchases of fever and flu medications. The Department of Trade and Industry and Department of Health made the move amid increased demand for these over-the-counter medicines in the wake of rising COVID-19 cases in the country. The two departments ...

    • 06 January 2022
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Kris Aquino and fiancé Mel Senen Sarmiento break up

      ‘I do love you, but I guess this is goodbye,’ Mel Senen Sarmiento tells Kris Aquino in a text message Confirming rumors, actress and TV host Kris Aquino disclosed in an Instagram post on Monday, January 3, that she had broken up with her fiancé, former politician Mel Senen ...

    • 23 December 2021
      4 weeks ago No comment

      Canada marks International Migrants Day

      Ottawa – The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Honourable Harjit Sajjan, Minister of International Development and Minister Responsible for the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada, today issued the following statement: “For as long as ...

    %d bloggers like this: