Gov’t steps up preparations for Miss Universe

  • Page Views 2541
  • The safety, security, and convenience of the public and the candidates of the 65th Miss Universe pageant in Manila were ensured by the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Department of Transportation (DOT) yesterday.

    Malacañang has likewise directed government agencies to extend full support to the forthcoming international event.

    Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, however, reminded state agencies to avoid spending public funds for the country’s Miss Universe hosting unless required.

    maxinemedina_Bb-PilipinaIn a related development, the parents of Binibining Pilipinas – Universe Maria Mika Maxine Medina, last Tuesday boldly said that they are positive that their daughter will inherit the crown from reigning Miss Universe and fellow Filipina Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.

    The 65th Miss Universe Pageant will be held at Mall of Asia Arena on January 30.

    UNIVERSE ITINERARY

    Secretary Teo announced some of the provinces and cities that will be visited by the Miss Universe candidates.

    Included in the list are Boracay on January 14, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur on January 15, Manila on January 16, Cebu on January 17, Baguio City on January 18, and Davao and Batangas on January 19.

    According to Teo, Albay was scrapped from the list due to the recent typhoon.

    Tourism Undersecretary Kat de Castro said officials of the Miss Universe Organization will arrive in the country today, January 5.

    Forty Miss Universe candidates are expected to arrive in the country next Thursday while the rest of them will arrive on January 13. They will also meet with President Duterte on January 23.

    PERSONALITIES

    According to De Castro, American host Steve Harvey will return to serve as the pageant’s main host despite last year’s controversy where he inadvertently announced the name of Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as Miss Universe instead of Wurtzbach.

    The identity of Harvey’s Filipina co-host will be announced soon, she said.

    She also disclosed that some of the artists being tapped to perform during the pageant are singers Lea Salonga, Sarah Geronimo, Bamboo, and Jed Madela.

    PARENTS’ PRIDE AND JOY

    “I know Pia will crown her,” said Marife, Maxine’s mother of during a surprise party for her beauty queen daughter in Quezon City.

    Maximo, Maxine’s father, said that he enjoys the praises for her daughter.

    “It boosts your morale.”

    “You can do it. I wish you luck and I love you very much. Don’t forget to pray,” Maxine’s parents added.( Argyll Cyrus B. Geducos, Genalyn D. Kabiling, and Robert R. Requintin,mb)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 22 January 2021
      1 day ago No comment

      Stars celebrate Angel Locsin’s Philippine Red Cross recognition

      Fellow celebrities congratulated actress Angel Locsin for receiving the “Spirit of Philanthropy” award from humanitarian organization Philippine Red Cross. The 35-year-old actress shared a picture of her holding the certificate and expressed her gratitude to the organization she is an ambassador of. “Thank you @philredcross,” Locsin wrote as a ...

    • 22 January 2021
      1 day ago No comment

      Philippines sees warm ties between Duterte, Biden

      Joe Biden was sworn in Wednesday (January 20) as the 46th president of the United States. Biden took the oath in Washington DC, saying the “will of the people has been heard, and the will of the people has been heeded”. “We’ve learned again that democracy is precious and ...

    • 22 January 2021
      1 day ago No comment

      COVID-19 hospitalizations, death rise in Canada

      Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer, said on Wednesday (January 20) that hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID-19 continue to rise. In a statement, Tam said that hospitalizations and deaths are “still increasing”. “Provincial and territorial data indicate that an average of 4,737 people with COVID-19 were ...

    • 21 January 2021
      2 days ago No comment

      ABS-CBN, TV5 team up to bring ‘ASAP Natin ‘To’ to nationwide viewers

      Beginning January 24, ABS-CBN’s “ASAP Natin ‘To” will reach more Filipinos nationwide as it joins the Sunday programming of TV5, through a landmark partnership between the two networks. ABS-CBN Corp. made the announcement in a disclosure filed with the Philippine Stock Exchange on Thursday. The long-running concert variety show, ...

    • 20 January 2021
      3 days ago No comment

      JUAN ON JUAN:Rosette Correa starts new series for ReyFort Media Group

      Rosette Correa starts new Juan on Juan series for ReyFort Media Group Rosette Correa wears a lot of hats in the local community with a singular vision of uplifting Filipino Canadians. Correa, a multi-media journalist, anchors Philippine News Canada-Balitang Vancouver, a prime TV news program aired over Shaw Multicultural ...

    %d bloggers like this: