City’s popular tree sale program expanded

  • Page Views 454
  • Surrey, BC – Building on the success of the City’s tree sale program in 2020, the City of Surrey has expanded the program from a once a year event to four times a year. This past October, the City’s annual tree sale sold out, with over 700 trees purchased by residents and planted in their backyards. Given the overwhelming success of this event, the City will host four tree sale events in 2021.

    “The demand that we saw in October made it clear to me that Surrey’s tree sale should not be limited to an annual event,” said Mayor Doug McCallum. “I am proud to announce that we will hold the City tree sale four times a year. The first one is slated next March and we’ll have up to 1,000 trees available for sale. I want to thank our Parks staff for their work on this very worthwhile initiative, and I want to thank our residents for their enthusiastic support.”

    “Planting a tree is good for your neighbourhood, our city and our environment,” said Councillor Allison Patton, Chair of the Agriculture, Environment and Investment Committee. “I am delighted that the City’s tree sale has been expanded to allow our residents four different times of the year to take advantage of this great program.”

    Residents will be able to purchase select tree species online in the weeks leading up to the pick-up days.  The first City tree sale of 2021 is planned for Spring Break in March, the second in April will correspond with Earth Day and Party for the Planet, the third in early autumn, and the fourth in mid autumn.  Up to 1,000 trees will be made available for sale during each event.  The City will be issuing reminders on social media as the date of the tree sales approaches. (owlum@surrey.ca)

     

     

     

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 May 2021
      21 hours ago No comment

      Duterte vs Pacquiao: No fight, say political insiders

      It started on May 3 when Senator Manny Pacquiao, a known ally of President Rodrigo Duterte, said that he finds Duterte’s recent stance lacking on reported Chinese incursions in the West Philippine Sea. “Sa akin, nakukulangan ako, nakukulangan ako kumpara doon sa bago pa siya tumakbo, nage-eleksyon pa lang. ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Your census.Your community.Your future.

      Census information is used to plan programs and services in your community. Complete your census now!   Related

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Applications open tomorrow for new pathway to permanent residency for essential temporary workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution

      Ottawa—Last month, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced an innovative pathway to permanent residence for over 90,000 essential workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution who are actively contributing to Canada’s economy. This special public policy will grant permanent status to ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Canada first country to approve Pfizer vaccine for 12-15-year-old kids

      Canada has become the first country to approve the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of 12 and 15. Until Health Canada’s announcement of its approval Wednesday (May 5), the Pfizer vaccine was approved only for people 16 years and older. Health Canada has ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      ABS-CBN marks 1 year shutdown – ‘Andito kami para sa’yo’

      Several Kapamilya stars took to social media to recount the harrowing experience of witnessing ABS-CBN going off air after the government issued a cease and desist order against the network exactly a year ago. On May 5, 2020, ABS-CBN signed off from free television and radio broadcast, a day ...

    %d bloggers like this: