For Vice Ganda, there’s pride in having a film fest entry

  • Page Views 2316
  • COMEDIAN Vice Ganda could not be any happier he’s back on the Metro Manila Film Festival scene after failing to have an entry in last year’s season.

    He joins forces with Daniel Padilla and Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach in “Gandarappido: The Revenger Squad” by director Joyce Bernal.

    “Of course na-miss, tsaka na-sad kami last year na ‘di kami kasali. Tapos ‘yung fans na rin ng Vice Ganda Christmas movies, na-sad rin sila na hindi kasama sa Metro Manila Film Festival,” said Vice.

    “Pero masaya lang rin kami kasi last year, naipalabas nang mas mahaba ang pelikula namin kaya siyempre mas marami ang nakanood. Pero siyempre, iba kapag film fest entry ka,” he explained. “Parang pride rin namin ‘yun, nung production at ng artista. Kaya ngayon happy ulit kami.”

    Despite what happened last year, he assured fans they will continue submitting an entry to the MMFF committee every year.

    “Nasa sa kanila naman ‘yun kung papasukin kami or hindi. We wish and we pray na sana tanggapin kami,” he said.

    Did they have to change the vibe of their film in order for it to be part of the eight official MMFF entries?

    “’Yung vibe ng movie ko, isa lang naman, fun lang naman, feel-good, good vibes. Wala kaming binago. The usual masayang-masaya lang at makulay,” he claimed.

    He is well aware there’s a certain level of subjectivity among the MMFF jury, which happens to be different every year.

    “Hindi mo alam kasi iba-iba ang taste ng tao. So, maaaring iba ang taste nila last year, iba ang taste nila ngayon. So, ngayon sa taste ng bagong jury pasado ‘yung material namin kaya pumasok kami,” said Vice.

    Quite interestingly though, Vice admitted he was really nervous as to who would make this year’s MMFF lineup.

    “Noong araw na i-a-announce na, live kami sa ‘It’s Showtime,’  tingin ako nang tingin sa Twitter. Ano ba ‘yan naabala ako, hindi ako ma-brief ng maayos kasi may inaabangan ako sa Twitter. Nakaka-tense, parang announcement ng semi-finals ng Miss Universe ,” he recalled with a laugh.

    For what it’s worth, Vice is very glad they made the cut. As to their film’s potential box office standing, he had this to say: “Ako, niloloko ko sila lagi, P1billion. Kasi powerful ang words, malay mo ibigay. Kung hindi, thank you pa rin. May ibibigay pa rin naman kahit paano. Wala namang masama dun, lagi nalang tayong mag-claim ng maganda at positive,” he ended.

    “Gandarappido: The Revenger Squad” opens in cinemas on December 25.

    by: J.m. Felipe, Malaya

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 May 2021
      3 days ago No comment

      Duterte vs Pacquiao: No fight, say political insiders

      It started on May 3 when Senator Manny Pacquiao, a known ally of President Rodrigo Duterte, said that he finds Duterte’s recent stance lacking on reported Chinese incursions in the West Philippine Sea. “Sa akin, nakukulangan ako, nakukulangan ako kumpara doon sa bago pa siya tumakbo, nage-eleksyon pa lang. ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Your census.Your community.Your future.

      Census information is used to plan programs and services in your community. Complete your census now!   Related

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Applications open tomorrow for new pathway to permanent residency for essential temporary workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution

      Ottawa—Last month, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced an innovative pathway to permanent residence for over 90,000 essential workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution who are actively contributing to Canada’s economy. This special public policy will grant permanent status to ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Canada first country to approve Pfizer vaccine for 12-15-year-old kids

      Canada has become the first country to approve the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of 12 and 15. Until Health Canada’s announcement of its approval Wednesday (May 5), the Pfizer vaccine was approved only for people 16 years and older. Health Canada has ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      ABS-CBN marks 1 year shutdown – ‘Andito kami para sa’yo’

      Several Kapamilya stars took to social media to recount the harrowing experience of witnessing ABS-CBN going off air after the government issued a cease and desist order against the network exactly a year ago. On May 5, 2020, ABS-CBN signed off from free television and radio broadcast, a day ...

    %d bloggers like this: