Brillante Mendoza to direct Duterte’s SONA anew

  • Page Views 1203
  • Award-winning filmmaker Brillante Mendoza will be directing President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address again.

    Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar in a radio interview confirmed that Mendoza will direct Duterte’s second SONA on Monday. He said the filmmaker also showed interest to be behind the production team of the national event.

    Andanar said that there will be changes in Mendoza’s direction since his camera angles for the 2016 SONA was criticized. He added that the SONA program will be finalized within the week.

    “The director will also adjust some of his shots because alam ko, some of his shots were criticized last year. And let’s expect another Brillante Mendoza show, this coming July 24,” Andanar said in an interview with dzMM.

    The internationally-acclaimed director earned praises and criticisms during the first SONA of Duterte as some netizens found his shots unnecessary for a political event while some appreciated Mendoza’s style of showing the president’s superiority through angles taken from below.

    Mendoza last year admitted that he was stressed for directing the SONA since there were several “adlibs” from the president and he had to view 18 cameras for that day. He also said he was not able to rehearse with the president.

    he independent filmmaker has won the Best Director Award at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival for his film “Kinatay.” He also joined various international film festivals for his films “Serbis,” “Lola,” “Thy Womb,” and “Ma’ Rosa,” among others.

    Rosette Adel, PS

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 22 September 2022
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Vhong Navarro under NBI custody for rape charge

      Metro Manila — TV host and actor Vhong Navarro remains under the custody of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) as of Tuesday, a day after he was slapped with two arrest warrants over complaints filed by model-stylist Deniece Cornejo in 2014. Navarro’s camp has yet to file a motion ...

    • 22 September 2022
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Meet and greet with Jinny, Ramon and Surrey Forward

      The Surrey Forward party is ready to serve the city and its residents. Surrey Forward is fielding Jinny Sims as mayoral candidate in the October 15, 2022 local election, and the party also has seven candidates for council. One of these candidates is Filipino Canadian financial professional Ramon Bandong. ...

    • Queen-Elizabeth-King-Charles-2022
      15 September 2022
      3 weeks ago No comment

      Farewell Queen Elizabeth, Long live King Charles!

      The world is mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth II, U.K.’s longest-serving monarch, who died on September 8 at the age of 96. Queen Elizabeth, whose reign spanned 70 years, was succeeded to the throne by her eldest son Charles, who has been proclaimed as King Charles III. The ...

    • 08 September 2022
      4 weeks ago No comment

      Filipino concert scene returns to Vancouver

      After a long hiatus because of COVID-19, the Filipino concert scene is revving up in Vancouver. A series of shows has been lined up starting in the month of September 2022, and ReyFort Media Group is calling on the community to support these events. The ReyFort Media Group wants ...

    • 01 September 2022
      1 month ago No comment

      Boni Barcia’s summer soiriee with B.C. NDP and Filipino community

      Boni Barcia hosted a summer party at his Coquitlam residence, which saw leading figures with the ruling B.C. NDP government rubbing elbows with members of the Filipino community. Among those in attendance at the August 28, 2022 bash was David Eby, presumed frontrunner in the race to become the ...

    %d bloggers like this: