‘Aqua Boy’ eyes excellence in 2019 Provincials

  • Page Views 1597
  • Coquitlam native Angelo Macaraig is on a mission to fulfill his biggest catch of the year as he competes in the three-day Provincials Swim Meet slated August 15-18 in Kamloops, BC. 

    With his recent performances in the Regional Championship, the 14- year-old tanker is determined to reach the top, and compete as hard as he can versus the best swimmers in the biggest meet in British Columbia. 

    For sure, it won’t be a walk in the park challenging those big guns representing the eight regions in BC, so the Grade 9 student will be pressed hard to perform beyond expectation. 

    In the recently-concluded regional championship, Angelo somehow outshine himself by contending for a total of six events, a feat he never done in the last five years. 

    Indeed, a great accomplishment for the young Macaraig, who was rewarded with two gold medals, three silvers and a single bronze in four individual and two relay events. 

     Deedee, Angelo’s dad further elaborates that hard work, dedication and sacrifice were among the three biggest factors in summarizing the success of his son in the 2019 Regional Meet.   

    These are the values I’m seeing right now but the battle is not done yet, “says the number one supporter and stage father of Angelo. “It’s the result of time and effort in reaching our goal.” 

    The elder Macaraig reiterates this week will be the most intense and pressure-packed time for both of them. 

    “We need to stay focus, physically and mentally in preparation for the big event,” he added. 

    He knows his son is doing all the necessary preparation in order to attain the biggest target — to reign supreme in the toughest meet of the year. 

    Angelo is expected to be in full force against his battle-tested rivals in 200m individual medley and 100m backstroke, where he won two gold medals in two consecutive days. 

    Endurance and resiliency will definitely play a big role in this competition where the young swim sensation proved he can catch up from a mile deficit, judging from a come-from-behind second place finish in the 100 m freestyle finals. (By Alex Mino)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 May 2021
      3 days ago No comment

      Duterte vs Pacquiao: No fight, say political insiders

      It started on May 3 when Senator Manny Pacquiao, a known ally of President Rodrigo Duterte, said that he finds Duterte’s recent stance lacking on reported Chinese incursions in the West Philippine Sea. “Sa akin, nakukulangan ako, nakukulangan ako kumpara doon sa bago pa siya tumakbo, nage-eleksyon pa lang. ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Your census.Your community.Your future.

      Census information is used to plan programs and services in your community. Complete your census now!   Related

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Applications open tomorrow for new pathway to permanent residency for essential temporary workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution

      Ottawa—Last month, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced an innovative pathway to permanent residence for over 90,000 essential workers and international graduates of a Canadian institution who are actively contributing to Canada’s economy. This special public policy will grant permanent status to ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Canada first country to approve Pfizer vaccine for 12-15-year-old kids

      Canada has become the first country to approve the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of 12 and 15. Until Health Canada’s announcement of its approval Wednesday (May 5), the Pfizer vaccine was approved only for people 16 years and older. Health Canada has ...

    • 07 May 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      ABS-CBN marks 1 year shutdown – ‘Andito kami para sa’yo’

      Several Kapamilya stars took to social media to recount the harrowing experience of witnessing ABS-CBN going off air after the government issued a cease and desist order against the network exactly a year ago. On May 5, 2020, ABS-CBN signed off from free television and radio broadcast, a day ...

    %d bloggers like this: