• Page Views 2115
  • sarahFour days after returning to the Philippines to face libel charges, actress Sarah Lahbati struck back at her accuser, GMA Films presi­dent Annette Gozon-Abrogar, and filed separate cases of grave co­ercion and perjury against the lat­ter on Monday. The 19-year-old GMA contract artist filed her complaint of grave coercion on Monday morning at the Quezon City Regional Trial Court against Abrogar and four others, including Bebong Munoz, one of the heads of the talent management agency Icons. In the afternoon she filed a case of perjury against Abrogar at the Makati Regional Trial Court, claiming Abrogar had lied in her sworn statements when the latter filed her libel case there in Janu­ary. “I think it’s time to defend my­self to clear my name after all na nangyari. Nagsalita ako before. Ang nangyari nasampahan ako ng kaso… Dahil hindi ako pum­irma sa icons ang daming di kanais-nais na nangyari,” Lahbati told media after filing the grave coercion case in Quezon City.

    However, after filing the perjury case in Makati, she told reporters that she was open to an amicable settlement with Abrogar and that she remained grateful to GMA Network, which had handled her career since she won a talent show in 2009.

    Lahbati had always claimed that her troubles with GMA Network started after she refused to sign a co-management deal with Icons last year, which would en­tail an additional 15 percent cut on her salary on top of the 25 percent due GMA Artist Center (GMAAC).

    The Swiss-Filipino actress had alleged that Abrogar and GMAAC executive Arsi Baltazar had made the offer to her on Icons’ behalf. GMA Network said in an official statement that it was aware that such a practice had taken place and “penalties have been im­posed on the executives who were found liable.” However, the statement did not identify the guilty parties and pro­vide details of the sanctions. Nev­ertheless, it had insisted, “The Network found no proof of her al­legation that there was an ‘under the table’ deal between GMAAC and ICONS Management.”

    Unlike Abrogar and Baltazar, Icons did not to press  charges against Lahbati after she aired her allegations in a series of Twitter posts in January. Meanwhile, Lahbati was eva­sive on the persistent rumor that the reason she had exiled herself in Geneva for six months was to give birth to a lovechild sired by her boyfriend, long-time GMA ac­tor Richard Gutierrez.

    “As I said, let’s not get dis­tracted sa mga issues na walang kinalaman sa case. Di ko alam bakit nililihis, dini-distract, at ‘yun at ‘yun ang question. Isipin n’yo ano gusto n’yo isipin,” she told reporters with a smile.
    Lahbati, who did not appear to have gained any weight since she left the country in mid-January, was accompanied by Gutierrez when she returned to Manila late Thursday. (Interaksyon. News)

    Share

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 14 January 2021
      6 days ago No comment

      Philippines confirms first case of COVID variant

      The Department of Health (DoH) on Wednesday (January 13) confirmed that the COVID-19 variant first reported in the United Kingdom has reached the Philippines. The B117 variant was detected in a sample taken from a Filipino who arrived from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The male patient from Quezon ...

    • 08 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Markus & Janella proud new parents to son Jude, no wedding bells yet

      Actor Markus Paterson shared his happiness now that he and his girlfriend Janella Salvador finally introduced their baby Jude to the public. Paterson opened up about their son on Wednesday in the online show “We Rise Together.” “Well ‘yung proseso? Well, alam naman na one day we are going ...

    • 07 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Bea Alonzo claims 2021 will be a ‘spiritual year’ for her

      Actress Bea Alonzo on Sunday took to social media to share her realizations on life as she welcomes the new year. On Instagram, Alonzo said she hopes to emerge a better person in 2021. “Let the sunshine in. Last year brought so many changes in my life, and changes ...

    • 07 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Santos to file ABS-CBN renewal bill in the House after Sotto filed in the Senate

      Reacting to a query from reporters, Deputy Speaker and Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos said she will revive the rejected ABS-CBN legislative franchise application in the House of Representatives before session resumes on January 18. Santos welcomed the move by Senate President Vicente Sotto III who filed a bill granting ...

    %d bloggers like this: