• Page Views 2551
  • PauleenPauleen Luna says that deacti­vating her social media accounts is one of the best decisions she has made in her life. She adds that doing so, she’s avoided the stressed caused by dealing with critics who make use of the sites to bash people online. “E, kasi, you know… hindi na ako magiging ipokrita. Pero some­times talaga, maaapektuhan ka, e,” she was quoted as saying on Tuesday in an interview with “To­night With Arnold Clavio.” Luna recalled that the turning point came at the time when ru­mors about her and “Eat Bulaga” co-host Vic Sotto have become tabloid fodder. “…Suddenly, parang ang dami talagang, parang alam nila kung ano ang nangyayari. Suddenly, parang ito ‘yung tama, ito ‘yung mali,” she re­lated. “So, hindi ko idi-deny na sometimes, it could re­ally ruin my day. Wala naman akong ginagawang masama, ’di ba? So, tinigilan ko na lang.” The actress-TV host ad­mitted, “Parang na-trauma na ako!”

    On a more positive note, Luna recalled, in the same inter­view, the time she joined the Little Miss Philippines contest on “Eat Bulaga” in 1995. “Talunan ako!” she said. “Thank-you beauty ako. Ang cha­ka ko that time. Parang wala pa akong kilay. At bungal ako! Oo.”

    Ironically, it was Sotto him­self who interviewed her for the question and answer portion of  the tilt. “Parang ang tanong niya, ‘Ano ang gusto mong birth­day gift?’ Parang nagsagot lang ako ng ‘Barbie doll.’ Tinanong ako kung bakit. Ang naisagot ko lang, ‘Gus­to ko, e!’” Asked if Sotto now asks her deeper, if more meaning­ful questions, Luna laughed, saying: “Mga gano’n!”

    But she added, “Mas makabuluhan na (rin) ‘yung mga sagot ko ngayon!” Luna went on to recall that af­ter the failed stint, she also joined a similar contest in the now de­funct competing noontime show, “’Sang Linggo nAPO Sila.” “Sabi ko, ‘Sa ‘Eat Bulaga,’ talo ako. Pero baka dito, manalo na ako!’ Same… parehong talent. Sumayaw na naman ako ng ‘La Cucaracha.’ Contestant number two ako.”

    Again, Luna failed to bring home the title, having lost to a talented young singer that also joined the contest. “Alam n’yo kung sino ang ka­laban ko? Si Sarah Geronimo! E, dapat lang naman talagang manalo siya do’n!” she said laughing. Then she hastily added, “Oh, well, at least ngayon masasabi ko (sa kanya) na… at one point, magkapantay tayo sa ating mga career!” (mb.com)

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 14 January 2021
      3 days ago No comment

      Philippines confirms first case of COVID variant

      The Department of Health (DoH) on Wednesday (January 13) confirmed that the COVID-19 variant first reported in the United Kingdom has reached the Philippines. The B117 variant was detected in a sample taken from a Filipino who arrived from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The male patient from Quezon ...

    • 08 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Markus & Janella proud new parents to son Jude, no wedding bells yet

      Actor Markus Paterson shared his happiness now that he and his girlfriend Janella Salvador finally introduced their baby Jude to the public. Paterson opened up about their son on Wednesday in the online show “We Rise Together.” “Well ‘yung proseso? Well, alam naman na one day we are going ...

    • 07 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Bea Alonzo claims 2021 will be a ‘spiritual year’ for her

      Actress Bea Alonzo on Sunday took to social media to share her realizations on life as she welcomes the new year. On Instagram, Alonzo said she hopes to emerge a better person in 2021. “Let the sunshine in. Last year brought so many changes in my life, and changes ...

    • 07 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Santos to file ABS-CBN renewal bill in the House after Sotto filed in the Senate

      Reacting to a query from reporters, Deputy Speaker and Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos said she will revive the rejected ABS-CBN legislative franchise application in the House of Representatives before session resumes on January 18. Santos welcomed the move by Senate President Vicente Sotto III who filed a bill granting ...

    %d bloggers like this: