• Page Views 2084
  • krisDespite Kris Aquino’s decla­ration on national TV that she would quit showbiz, ABS-CBN has announced that the TV host will stay on her programs in the Kapamilya network. Aquino currently hosts a talk show called “Kris TV” aside from starring in primetime soap “Kai­langan Ko’y Ikaw” and judging the reality talent search “Pilipinas Got Talent.” On March 23, Bong Osorio, head of ABS-CBN Integrated Corporate Communications, said in a statement that network exec­utives will meet with Aquino when she returns to the Philippines from a trip to France with her son James “Bimby” Yap Jr. Two days before the trip, Aqui­no was interviewed on “TV Patrol”  during which she announced she would be resigning from all her shows to take care of her son in the face of recent conflict with former husband James Yap. The 42-year-old star said on air, “I’m giving up my shows. Hindi ko sinasabi ‘yan just so that I can say na I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. Tinatalikuran  ko ang mundo na kinilala ko na bumuhay sa akin dahil higit doon sa karera ko, mas mahal ko ang anak ko (I’m not saying that just so I can say I’m the one making the bigger sacrifice. I’m turning my back on the world of my ca­reer because more than my ca­reer, I love my son).”

    Commitments
    But Osorio maintained in the ABS-CBN statement that “upon her return, Kris will fulfill her com­mitment to her soap ‘Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw,’ which is nearing its end.” “She will also have to stay as [a] judge in ‘Pilipina Got Talent’ till its end in June. Being a foreign fran­chise, there are commitments we have to fulfill and rules we need to abide by,” he added. As for “Kris TV,” Osorio said the next episodes had already been taped in preparation for her vacation in France. However, Osorio did not con­firm that Aquino will tape any more episodes of the show after her return.

    On March 20, Aquino was granted a temporary protection order (TPO) by a Makati regional court after former husband James Yap allegedly made overt sexual advances on her in her home and in the presence of Bimby. Despite Yap’s petition for a hold departure order (HDO) to be imposed on mother and son, Aquino and Bimby were allowed to leave the country for Paris on Saturday, March 23.

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 20 June 2024
      6 hours ago No comment

      Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza: A Celebration of Culture, Music, and Fun!

      Surrey, BC – Get ready to experience a weekend filled with vibrant culture, exciting music, and fun for the whole family at the Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza! This highly anticipated event will take place on June 29 and 30, 2024 at the Surrey Civic Plaza. Mark your calendars and prepare to ...

    • 13 June 2024
      1 week ago No comment

      Mayor Locke wants a Filipino cultural centre in Surrey, endorses June 29-30 Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza

      The Filipino community in Surrey has a strong advocate in city hall, and it’s none other than Mayor Brenda Locke. In a townhall with members of the community at the central branch of the Surrey public library on June 11, 2024, Locke said that she wishes Filipinos to be ...

    • 06 June 2024
      2 weeks ago No comment

      BMO signs on as Title Sponsor for 2024 Surrey Fiesta Extravaganza

      Left to Right:  M. Hernandez, Ray Lino (Mid-Market Relationship Mgr, Commercial Banking), Yvette Castro (Mid-Market Director & Team Lead, Commercial Banking), Hayley O’Donnell. (Regional Program Mgr – Customer Segments, BC&Yukon), R. Fortaleza, Aminmohmed Sunderji (Regional Vice President, Personal Banking), Mike Calingo (Associate Director, Commercial Banking – Cross  Border), Stacey ...

    • 01 June 2024
      3 weeks ago No comment

      Mable Elmore: let’s honour our diversity and stand up against hate

      In addition to her role as Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) of British Columbia for Vancouver-Kensington, Mable Elmore is also the province’s Parliamentary Secretary for Anti-Racism Initiatives. On May 27, 2024, Elmore released a statement urging everyone to continue the fight against racism whenever and wherever hate and ...

    %d bloggers like this: