• Page Views 2972
  • ramsayThree years after he made the controversial move to transfer to TV5, Derek Ramsay has decided that he is more than happy to stay with the Happy Network for another three years. The 38-year-old Filipino-British actor, model and athlete officially renewed his contract with TV5 last Tuesday, April 28, in the presence of TV5 president and CEO Noel C. Lorenzana and TV5 chief entertainment content officer Wilma V. Galvante.

    Following the contract signing, both Galvante and Lorenzana revealed their big plans for the hunky actor whom the latter called “the biggest male star in the Philippines.”

    Derek, who jokingly referred to himself as “ang lalaking walang pahinga”, will have another busy year ahead of him as he, Galvante and Lorenzana confirmed that there will be second seasons of his hit shows “Mac & Chiz” and “Extreme Series: Kaya Mo Ba Ito?”. A weekend noontime show where he will be one of the hosts is also in the works. In addition, Derek revealed that “Bawat Sandali”, the acclaimed Studio 5 Original Movie that he did with Angel Aquino, will have a theatrical release with additional scenes. He also expressed interest in reprising his role as “Kidlat” should the network decide to revive the series.

    Asked by InterAksyon if the newly launched Digital 5 would also consider new digital, short-form shows for Derek, Lorenzana replied, “Absolutely”. He also confirmed that digital versions of “Extreme Series” will soon be seen on Digital 5.

    Aside from “Kidlat”, Derek has also headlined several series for the network since signing with TV5 in 2012. This include hosting two seasons of “The Amazing Race Philippines”, the superhero soap, “Kidlat”, the provocative weekly drama, “For Love or Money” and the mystery thriller, “Undercover”. He also headed the TV5 coverage team for the 2012 London Olympics.

    While under contract with TV5, Derek also did several movies outside the network including the blockbuster “Trophy Wife” for Viva Films and well-received turns in “The Janitor” for Cinemalaya and the romantic-comedy, “English Only, Please”, the sleeper hit of last year’s Metro Manila Film Festival where he won his very first Best Actor award. (E.Sallan, Interaksyon)

    Share

    Related Post

    Related Blogpost

    Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 14 January 2021
      6 days ago No comment

      Philippines confirms first case of COVID variant

      The Department of Health (DoH) on Wednesday (January 13) confirmed that the COVID-19 variant first reported in the United Kingdom has reached the Philippines. The B117 variant was detected in a sample taken from a Filipino who arrived from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The male patient from Quezon ...

    • 08 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Markus & Janella proud new parents to son Jude, no wedding bells yet

      Actor Markus Paterson shared his happiness now that he and his girlfriend Janella Salvador finally introduced their baby Jude to the public. Paterson opened up about their son on Wednesday in the online show “We Rise Together.” “Well ‘yung proseso? Well, alam naman na one day we are going ...

    • 07 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Bea Alonzo claims 2021 will be a ‘spiritual year’ for her

      Actress Bea Alonzo on Sunday took to social media to share her realizations on life as she welcomes the new year. On Instagram, Alonzo said she hopes to emerge a better person in 2021. “Let the sunshine in. Last year brought so many changes in my life, and changes ...

    • 07 January 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Santos to file ABS-CBN renewal bill in the House after Sotto filed in the Senate

      Reacting to a query from reporters, Deputy Speaker and Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos said she will revive the rejected ABS-CBN legislative franchise application in the House of Representatives before session resumes on January 18. Santos welcomed the move by Senate President Vicente Sotto III who filed a bill granting ...

    %d bloggers like this: