The Manunuri ng Pelikulang Pilipino named the winners of the 39th Gawad Urian Awards on Wednesday night at the Kia Theater in Cubao, Quezon City.
Jerrold Tarog’s acclaimed historical biopic “Heneral Luna” finished the night with the most awards (4), including Best Director, while Kapamilya star John Lloyd Cruz bagged his first Best Actor win.
Hosted by Iza Calzado, Zoren Legaspi, and Butch Francisco, the ceremony also celebrated the works of cinematographer Romy Vitug, who was recognized with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best Picture: “Taklub”
- Best Actor: John Lloyd Cruz for his role in “Honor Thy Father”
- Best Actress: LJ Reyes for “Anino sa Likod ng Buwan”
- Best Director: Jerrold Tarog for “Heneral Luna”
- Natatanging Gawad Urian (Lifetime Achievement Award): Romy Vitug
- Best Cinematography: Pong Ignacio for “Heneral Luna”
- Best Screenplay: Robby Tantingco for “Ari: My Life with a King”
- Best Production Design: Ben Payumo for “Water Lemon”
- Best Editing: Jerrold Tarog for “Heneral Luna”
- Best Music: Jake Abella for “Ari: My Life with a King”
- Best Sound: Mikko Quizon for “Heneral Luna”
- Best Documentary Film: Sheron Dayoc’s “The Crescent Rising”
- Best Short Film: Angelie Mae Macalanda’s “Wawa”
- Best Supporting Actress: Ana Abad Santos for “Apocalypse Child”
- Best Supporting Actor: Bernardo Bernardo for “Imbisibol”