Piolo, BB. Joyce  canceled Sagada and Banaue shoots

  • Page Views 398
  • Kapamilya A-list actor Piolo Pascual received criticisms after the canceled Sagada shoot with director Joyce Bernal.

    The said shoot was intended for the State of the Nation of Address (SONA) 2020 of President Rodrigo Duterte that is set to be held on July 27. However, Piolo, Direk Joyce, and the production staff were barred to conduct the shoot.

    The reason for the local government of Sagada was the health protocol amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on the previous report, an official statement from Sagada Rural Health Unit explained what happened.

    Following this, many netizens easily concluded that Piolo Pascual is a supporter of the present administration just like Direk Joyce Bernal, who has directed the past SONAs of the President.

    Based on the some articles written,  many were shocked upon realizing that the Kapamilya A-list actor is a DDS or “die-hard Duterte supporter”. Despite that other celebrities were also there such as Bela Padilla and Illac Diaz, Piolo was the one who received a lot of bashing online.

    After getting turned down to shoot by the Sagada Municipal Council, director Joyce Bernal experienced rejection anew, this time from the local government of Banaue.

    Early this week, the OIC of Sagada COVID-19 task force cited the municipal’s strict quarantine ordinance as their main reason in disallowing Bernal’s team from shooting some scenes there supposedly to be used in the upcoming State of Nation’s Address (SONA).

    Reports have it the director’s team headed next to Banaue. However, they were refused entry and reportedly escorted out – enforcing an executive order issued by Banaue Mayor Dr Wesley Dulawan prohibiting travel in and out of Banaue up to July 10.

    Bernal ended up staying at Baguio Teacher’s Camp, which is currently being used as a triage unit for arriving OFWs before transferring to Camp John Hay Manor Hotel.

    Bernal, who has been directing the President’s SONA since 2018, is yet to release a statement on the matter.

     

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 14 January 2021
      3 days ago No comment

      Philippines confirms first case of COVID variant

      The Department of Health (DoH) on Wednesday (January 13) confirmed that the COVID-19 variant first reported in the United Kingdom has reached the Philippines. The B117 variant was detected in a sample taken from a Filipino who arrived from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The male patient from Quezon ...

    • 08 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Markus & Janella proud new parents to son Jude, no wedding bells yet

      Actor Markus Paterson shared his happiness now that he and his girlfriend Janella Salvador finally introduced their baby Jude to the public. Paterson opened up about their son on Wednesday in the online show “We Rise Together.” “Well ‘yung proseso? Well, alam naman na one day we are going ...

    • 07 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Bea Alonzo claims 2021 will be a ‘spiritual year’ for her

      Actress Bea Alonzo on Sunday took to social media to share her realizations on life as she welcomes the new year. On Instagram, Alonzo said she hopes to emerge a better person in 2021. “Let the sunshine in. Last year brought so many changes in my life, and changes ...

    • 07 January 2021
      1 week ago No comment

      Santos to file ABS-CBN renewal bill in the House after Sotto filed in the Senate

      Reacting to a query from reporters, Deputy Speaker and Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos said she will revive the rejected ABS-CBN legislative franchise application in the House of Representatives before session resumes on January 18. Santos welcomed the move by Senate President Vicente Sotto III who filed a bill granting ...

    %d bloggers like this: