‘Nakakatulala’: Judy Ann Santos in disbelief over shutdown of ABS-CBN

  • Page Views 703
  • Local superstar Judy Ann Santos said she is in disbelief over the government closure of ABS-CBN, her professional home of nearly three decades, and questioned the ill timing of shutting a prime source of entertainment and information amid a pandemic.

    “Nakakalungkot, nakakapanghina, nakakatulala,” Santos wrote on Instagram, as ABS-CBN ceased its TV and radio operations in compliance with the National Telecommunications Commission order on Tuesday.

    “Dalawang bagay ang hindi ko inakalang mangyayari sa buong buhay ko: ang maranasan ang ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) at magsara ang naging bahay at buhay ko mula 13 years old ako,” she said.

    Santos, 41, made her showbiz breakthough via the ABS-CBN series “Mara Clara” in 1992. Her succession of screen roles since then have made her a showbiz icon, who is now dubbed the “Queen of Pinoy Soap Opera.” Her most recent teleserye, “Starla,” concluded in January.

    “Maraming mas dapat pagtuunan ng pansin sa mga panahong ‘to. Maraming nangangailangan ng tulong mula sa gobyerno. Maraming natutulungan ang kumpanyang bumubuhay sa puso ng mga tao sa panahong ‘to sa pamamagitan ng mga programang pwedeng magpalibang at pansamantalang makalimutan ang mga problemang pinagdadaanan nating lahat,” she said.

    Addressing the government, Santos asked: “Bakit po? Bakit ngayon? Hindi po bang mas importanteng magtulungan tayo at magkaisa kahit pansamantala na muna habang may kinakaharap tayong mas malaking kaaway? Hindi po ba dapat sama-sama nating ginagawa ang puwede nating maggawa para makapagsilbi sa mamayang Pilipino?”

    Amid the coronavirus pandemic, ABS-CBN has led the wide-reaching fundraiser “Pantawid ng Pag-Ibig,” which has so far gathered P350 million and delivered relief to 2 million Filipinos.

    “Hindi ko naiintindihan kung may iilang tao ang nagbubunyi ngayon dahil nakuha at nagawa nilang maipasara ang ABS-CBN. Mas marami po kayong taong nasaktan at tinanggalan ng trabaho sa panahong lahat ng tao ay nag aalala kung paano bubuhayin ang mga pamilya nila,” Santos said, referring to the 11,000 employees of ABS-CBN whose livelihood have now been put at risk.

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 13 April 2021
      15 hours ago No comment

      The 2021 North Shore Art Crawl transforms creative places into virtual spaces.

      The annual North Shore Art Crawl is live! Now is the time to explore the artists of Vancouver’s  North Shore, for audiences local and far-away. North Van Arts is proud to launch the 2021  Online North Shore Art Crawl as a month-long virtual event from March 12 – April ...

    • 08 April 2021
      6 days ago No comment

      Luis and Jessy Mendiola get married

      Jessy Mendiola is now officially Mrs. Manzano! Celebrity couple Jessy Mendiola and Luis Manzano on Sunday revealed that they are already married. Mendiola made the confirmation through a 5-minute video posted on her Youtube channel, as well as a post on her Instagram page. The video showed the couple’s ...

    • 08 April 2021
      6 days ago No comment

      Canada COVID-19 cases breach 1 million as third wave hits

      It came from no less than the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Canada is now battling a third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, COVID-19 cases in the country have surpassed the one million mark as the third wave ripples across the nation. Canada has recorded 1,001,650 cases since the ...

    • covid-virus
      02 April 2021
      2 weeks ago No comment

      B.C.’s COVID-19 on new restrictions

      Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the COVID-19 response in British Columbia: “Today we are reporting three periods: from March 26 to 27, we had 936 new cases; from March 27 to 28, ...

    %d bloggers like this: