Arjo’s camp apologizes, says actor rushed to hospital

  • Page Views 305
  • ACTOR Arjo Atayde was rushed to a hospital in Manila on Tuesday after testing positive from COVID-19 and exhibiting severe symptoms from the virus.

    Atayde came from Baguio where he had been filming a movie.

    He and nine other members of the production had tested positive for COVID-19. But it was only Atayde who was symptomatic. He had “high fever, headaches, and difficulty in breathing,” according to the statement released by the actor’s camp on Wednesday, Aug. 18.

    “It was the mutual decision of Feelmaking Productions Inc., Arjo’s parents, and doctors to rush the actor, who has a pre-existing medical condition, straight to a hospital in Manila on August 17,” said Ellen Criste, production head of Feelmaking Productions, Inc.

    “We have provided assistance for nine others who tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic and are currently in quarantine. We have likewise coordinated with the local officials for the necessary safety protocols,” she added.

    Criste also said that the Atayde family had reached out to Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong to reassure that they will be complying with all their commitments to the city.

    “We are grateful for the opportunity to shoot in their beautiful city and apologize for whatever inconvenience that this unfortunate incident may have caused.

    “We request for prayers for the speedy recovery of Arjo and the nine who tested positive,” the statement ended.

    A source mentioned the actor is responding well to medications. He had exhibited symptoms that were very similar to his mom’s, actress Sylvia Sanchez, who, with husband Art Atayde, was hit with the virus in March 2020.

    Meanwhile, Kapuso star Maine Mendoza has stressed that she’s not tolerating her boyfriend Arjo Atayde who reportedly left Baguio City despite tested positive for COVID-19.

    “Hello! I am not ‘tolerating’ him, but there’s just so much you do not know about the story. And I hope he gets the chance to tell his side and the context of what had happened these past few days. I also hope you do not base your judgments solely on what you see online,” tweeted Maine on Aug. 18.

    Maine was reacting to a netizen’s reaction who thought she was tolerating her boyfriend, whose group allegedly breached health protocols while shooting a movie in the Pine City. (Malaya, mb.com)

    Share

    New Posts Recently publish post More

    • 23 June 2022
      5 days ago No comment

      RP BLU GIRLS COMPETE IN THE 2022 CANADA CUP

      THE CANADA CUP IS BACK FROM HIATUS Finally, the Canada Cup will be live again from June 16-27, 2022 in Softball City, Surrey BC. There will be the usual national teams like Team Canada, Team USA, Team Mexico and Team Australia plus the elite local and international softball clubs. ...

    • 16 June 2022
      2 weeks ago No comment

      Mabuhay House Society celebrates 124th Independence Day

      Newly formed organization Mabuhay House Society (MHS) celebrated the 124th Philippine Independence Day with a parade and program at the Helena Gutteridge Plaza in the Vancouver City Hall. MLA Mable Elmore spearheaded the celebrations, and community members and politicians celebrated with the Filipino community. Entitled “Bayanihan: Building Our Future” ...

    • 09 June 2022
      3 weeks ago No comment

      Ramon Bandong runs for city council with Surrey Forward

      Finance professional and Filipino community member Ramon Bandong wants to become city councillor of Surrey. Bandong is running for a seat in Surrey city council in the 2022 fall election under the Surrey Forward party. Surrey Forward launched its campaign June 8, with B.C. NDP MLA Jinny Sims as ...

    %d bloggers like this: